- Upright Citizens Brigade
- Jerome Lawson (Persuasions lead singer)
- Dan Farrands (Halloween 6, Crystal Lake Memories)
- Terra Jole (Little Women)
- Mark Towle
- Jake Pavelka (The Bachelor)
- Groundwork Coffee
- Kiss Me In The Garden, Inc.
- Sid Haig (The Devil’s Rejects)
- George Lutz (The Amytyville Horror)
- Taline Music
I have known Larry Zerner for over 20 years and he has handled numerous trademarks for us. He has also skillfully orchestrated the sale of trade names and handled a variety of other business matters for us with care and conscientiousness. I recommend him highly for his professionalism, promptness, effectiveness and most important to me, honesty.
Karen Mandell, Kiss Me In The Garden, Inc.
I have worked with Larry Zerner now for several years and have found his work to be uniformly excellent. He has been a great pleasure to work with and I would heartily recommend him to anyone seeking help with their IP issues.
Garry Schyman – Film and Video Game Composer
Larry Zerner has been of immense service to our legal copyright and contract needs as a publisher of popular books. We are very impressed by his highly professional and successful work as an attorney for us. Thank you, Larry!
Michael Miller, CEO of New Falcon Publications
Here are some examples of cases Los Angeles entertainment lawyer Larry Zerner has handled:
- Successfully represented a top Hollywood screenwriter in a lawsuit against a major studio alleging that a film infringed the copyright to the client’s script.
- Successfully represented a professional dancer in a lawsuit seeking damages for breach of contract against a television production company.
- Successfully represented a singer in a claim that his voice was used in a commercial without his permission
- Vetted a manuscript for a Pulitzer-prize winning author.
- Successfully represented an author in a copyright infringement lawsuit alleging that a television series lifted settings, characters and dialogue from the author’s book.
- Successfully defended a film production from false claims that a third party was supposed to be paid as a producer on the film.
- Successfully represented a photographer whose photographs of a famous musician were used on a radio station billboard without his permission.
- Successfully represented a book publisher and author in a copyright infringement lawsuit claiming that portions of the author’s book had been distributed without payment.
- Successfully defended a Los Angeles toy distributor in a lawsuit alleging that the distributor infringed copyright and trademark rights belonging to a U.K. toy manufacturer. The court denied Plaintiff’s motion for a preliminary injunction and granted Larry’s motion to dismiss the case.
- Successfully represented a Chinese DVD distributor in a series of lawsuits against video store owners alleging that the owners were illegally importing “pirated” DVDs from China or were illegally recording their own DVDs.
- Successfully represented a motion picture publicist in a lawsuit to recover unpaid wages.
- Represented the subject of a best-selling non-fiction book in a lawsuit claiming that a motion picture based on the book libeled Larry’s client. The case was settled amicably.
- Successfully represented the owner and operator of a website against a claim of libel for items posted on the site’s message board. Larry convinced the court to dismiss all of Plaintiff’s claims without a trial.